Open Change Period Information - Faculty, P&S, and Supervisory/Confidential Merit
Mark your calendars now! The 2017 open change period will begin on November 1, 2016 @ 9:00 A.M. and close on November 18, 2016 @ 5:00 P.M. This is the time of the year when you have an opportunity to elect or change your health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and optional eyewear plan for the upcoming plan year. Even if you are not planning to change your benefit elections, it is a great opportunity to review your benefits and beneficiaries.
Your Tools for Open Change
- In preparation for the open change period you can click HERE to review general information regarding open change, including effective dates and actions you may take.
- 2017 Open Change Guide - you may also want to review in order to familiarize yourself with all the great benefits ISU offers you and your family.
Open Change Live & Recorded Web Cast
The Benefits Team will also provide a detailed explanation of the plans offered, premiums, and actions you can take during the Open Change Period as well as helpful pointers on how to make these changes within AccessPlus at a Live Web Cast Event on November 9th from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- You can access the Live Event at: https://connect.extension.iastate.edu/benefits. If you are not able to attend the Live Event, you can view the recording of the web cast at your convenience from the link found on the Benefits Bulletin Board.
Open Change Steps
The following bullets provide you with some guidance on the actions you will take within AccessPlus during Open Change, beginning at 9:00 a.m. on November 1st. This is not an exhaustive list and there are extensive instructions within AccessPlus.
- CLICK ON "Benefit Statement" (remove pop-up blocker if a statement does not appear)
- You will want to examine your Participation Statement as it will provide you a list of employee monthly share amounts, by plan offering, in a side-by-side comparison between your current 2016 benefit enrollment as recorded on the payroll register and your projected 2017 benefit enrollment, assuming no changes from 2016.
- Some employees may not have participation statements. If this is the case for you, please contact the ISU Benefits Office.
- You will want to review the system instructions in order to save time and confusion. These instructions will be shown after clicking on "Open Change Period Instructions".
- Next you will want to review each person on your plan and verify the information is correct. You will have an opportunity to do this after clicking on "Verify Who's Insured".
- Click on "Go to Benefits Action Page"
- At this point you will be able to navigate through the system in order to make your benefit elections/changes.
- Click on "Calculate" to view how the changes will affect the premium.
- Last, you need to click on "Submit" to finalize the changes you made within the system. Please Note: If you do not click on "Calculate" and "Submit", the system will not record your actions and all changes will be lost.
Open Change Confirmation
The following bullets provide you with some guidance on the actions you will take within AccessPlus after Open Change. This is not an exhaustive list and there are extensive instructions within AccessPlus.
You will receive an e-mail notification on December 2, 2016 directing you to go into AcceesPlus to review the 2017 Benefit Confirmation Statement for errors.
- CLICK ON "Benefit Statement"
- In AccessPlus on December 2, 2016 after 9:00 a.m., review the 2017 Benefit Confirmation Statement in order to verify your benefit elections are accurate.
- If the changes you made are correct, you do not need to do anything further.
- If there is an error, you have a limited time to take action. Instructions outlining the steps you need to follow will be on the Benefit Confirmation Statement. Please Note: This action must be completed by December 9, 2016.
- If the change was made with paper forms, the change form copy you kept will be needed to support any corrections to the confirmation statement.
- A Final Benefit Statement of your 2017 elections will be available in AccessPlus on January 6, 2017 after 9:00 a.m. for your review. Please Note: No corrections will be allowed.
Avesis Eyewear Discount Plan
Some actions, while allowed during Open Change Period cannot be accomplished through AccessPlus (in these cases we identified the situation). Below are the links to the forms. Please note these forms must be completed and returned to 3810 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, or faxed to 515-294-8226 by 5:00 p.m. on November 18, 2016.
Medical / Dental Insurance / Health Care Flexible Spending / Dependent Care Assistance Program / Long-Term Disability / Group Term Basic Life, Voluntary Term Life
Group Term Basic Life and Voluntary Term Life Insurance