Additional Compensation Process
The formal request to pay additional compensation is submitted to the EVPP or to Human Resource Services as specified in the policy. The request must include:
- A description of the nature of the work, including if/how the work has been performed in the past.
- An explanation of why it is considered to be clearly outside of the scope of the person's normal duties,
- The amount of the proposed compensation and an explanation of how this amount was determined,
- An estimate of the amount of time that the individual will spend on the activity and the estimated dates of service,
- An explanation of how the person can reasonably carry out his or her full-time job responsibilities, and
- Whether it is expected that the proposed activity will continue beyond the period for which the compensation is requested.
Prior approval is obtained from the Provost (for teaching) or from HRS for P&S (non teaching).