Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 101
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, performs routine and repetitive clerical duties to assist in a temporary capacity (less than 780 hours per fiscal year) in telephone surveys, at workshops, conferences, camps and other special events.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in collating, stapling, and distributing handouts, and printed materials.
- Assists in registering participants at workshops and conferences by checking names, distributing packets, selling tickets and collecting fees.
- Gathers information from prepared questions to complete telephone surveys.
- Answers the telephone and relays messages.
- Makes copies and operates facsimile machines.
- Runs errands both in the campus and away from the campus.
- Assists visitors in locating room assignments, campus locations, and local establishments such as dining facilities, local sites of interest and shopping malls.
- Performs routine and repetitive clerical tasks.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate office equipment.