Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 503
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, performs repetitive clerical work such as posting, sorting, filing, counting, totaling items and/or recording information where work is subject to check and errors are readily detected. Duties may involve the use of personal computers, computer terminals and a variety of software and/or conventional office equipment.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Sorts and files forms, reports, and correspondence alphabetically, numerically, or by other predetermined classification.
- Gathers, collates, classifies, and posts information according to established guidelines not requiring independent judgment in selection of materials.
- Sorts and routes mail.
- Checks forms, lists, questionnaires and related materials against established requirements and reports discrepancies.
- Operates office equipment such as computers, copiers, calculators and/or facsimile machines.
- Answers the telephone and refers questions to appropriate persons, as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of office routines and functions sufficient to refer visitors and telephone calls and to route correspondence by name or functional area.
- Skill in operating office equipment.
- Ability to learn to operate a personal computer or online systems and related software.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, and the public.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions accurately.
- Ability to learn and perform clerical procedures.