Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 505
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, performs clerical work such as computing and coding requiring independent judgment in the application of policies and procedures within the area of assignment and according to stated guidelines. Duties may involve the use of personal computers, computer terminals, and a variety of software and/or conventional office equipment.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Codes, tabulates, and posts fiscal, statistical and other data. May use credit card machines, bar code systems, computers, or cash registers.
- Assembles standard forms, correspondence, records, and maintains associated files.
- Prepares, proofs, collects, copies, and cross checks routine documents and generates summary reports. Matches receipts/tickets to statements and maintains account records and other office records.
- Gathers, collates, processes requests, and classifies information according to established guidelines, requiring independent judgment in the selection of materials and using a variety of communicative sources.
- Greets and assists the public, patients, students, faculty and staff and provides information relative to the area of assignment and according to established guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of office routines and functions sufficient to relay factual information to visitors and telephone callers and to direct communications.
- Skill in operating office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related software.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, and the public.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform routine arithmetic computations.
- Ability to collect data, keep accurate records, and prepare reports.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.