Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 511
General Class Description
Under general supervision, performs and coordinates specialized work of a quasi-technical nature requiring a knowledge of a specialized subject matter. Duties may involve the use of personal computers, computer terminals, and a variety of software and/or conventional office equipment.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches information, prepares, reviews and analyzes documents, such as reports, applications, records etc., applicable to a specialized subject area requiring independent informational search and a knowledge of the policies and procedures of both the assigned and related work areas.
- Creates and maintains a complex database that requires specialized subject matter knowledge. Analyzes the data to maintain the database and generate reports. Troubleshoots database problems for staff.
- Advises staff, faculty, and others requiring interpretation of policies and regulations of specific projects or programs in assigned work area.
- Coordinates intra unit and interunit operations and procedures and participates in regular staff meetings to discuss and assist in developing operational policies and procedures.
- Composes correspondence requiring judgment in the application of policies and procedures in both the assigned and related work areas.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of institutional and unit policies, processes, and forms.
- Knowledge of format and clerical procedures to arrange a variety of material from different sources in a coherent and logical manner.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization.
- Skill in utilizing computer software packages and online systems to develop unit-specific applications.
- Skill in operating office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, and the public.
- Ability to make decisions requiring interpretation and judgment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and interpret institutional and other policies accurately.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and display data in appropriate format and keep accurate records.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.