Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 509
General Class Description
Under general supervision, maintains various records concerned with accounting, budgets, payroll, voucher systems and other financial statements. Duties may involve the use of personal computers, computer terminals, and a variety of software including the use of on-line accounting systems and/or conventional office equipment. May provide functional supervision.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Verifies expenditures and credits with statements of accounts; monitors accounts and initiates invoices, vouchers and other transactions for a department or division.
- Directs the coding and maintenance of financial records.
- Receives and processes bills, organizes into correct records; and approves and deposits money from various projects.
- Prepares monthly reports and keeps daily records of all expenditures on various accounts as required.
- Maintains records and monitors disbursements of fund projects.
- Computes monthly costs and billing of customers.
- Provides information relative to area of assignment according to established guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and on-line accounting systems.
- Knowledge of accounting forms and procedures of the institutions.
- Skill in operating office equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and apply institutional and other policies accurately.
- Ability to perform arithmetic computations.
- Ability to gather and display data in appropriate format and keep accurate records.
- Ability to exercise functional supervision over employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, and the public.