Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 504
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, accepts custody of cash receipts and fee payments in accordance with applicable fee and charge policies and established procedures. Duties may involve the use of personal computers, computer and point-of-sale terminals and a variety of software and/or conventional office equipment.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives payment for students fees, housing rental, cafeteria items and other purchases; prepares and issues receipts; records and deposits funds.
- Cashes checks, sells tickets, scans credit and/or bank cards, issues cash advances, and prepares records covering transactions involved.
- Prepares cash boxes for conferences, athletic events and student programs; completes cash count ticket sales, and other reports on cash boxes following activity.
- Receives deposits and handles withdrawals from student deposit accounts making appropriate records.
- Assists in reconciling funds received; checks same with records and aids in preparing report of daily receipts.
- Provides information related to area of assignment to public, students, faculty and staff using a variety of communicative sources as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skill in handling customer concerns, requests and complaints.
- Skill in operating a cash register and similar equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, and the public.
- Ability to count currency and make change accurately.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions accurately.
- Ability to make arithmetic computations.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.