Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 505
General Class Description
Under general supervision, uses the telephone and base radio unit to coordinate the use of personnel and machines for physical plant operations. Duties may involve the use of personal computers, computer terminals and a variety of software and/or conventional office equipment.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates and logs base radio unit for coordination of activities regarding the transportation of workers and work crews, the location and movement of machines and equipment and the delivery of materials and supplies.
- Logs all vehicle and material movements to and from job sites.
- Answers and logs telephone calls from workers on job sites and relays information to proper supervisor, vendor, etc.
- Relays information to coordinate the efforts of various university crews and private utility company employees during underground digging and for all emergencies.
- Records accident reports concerning workers, vehicles or materials.
- Is responsible for recognizing malfunctions in radio and pager units, and corrects or initiates repair.
- Operates motor vehicles as required.
- Responds to calls for emergency service, including snow removal, as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of proper radio operations and care of such equipment.
- Skill in operating office equipment.
- Ability to collect data and keep records accurately.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, and the public.
- Graduation from high school and any combination of clerical experience, health care experience and/or post high school education which totals one year, or
- Any combination of clerical experience and/or health care experience which totals two years.