Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 510
General Class Description
Under general supervision, analyzes student admission applications, establishes transfer course credits and performs graduation analyses based upon written and interpreted collegiate policy, coordinating these decisions with faculty and/or administrative offices. May provide functional supervision. Duties may involve the use of personal computers, computer terminals and a variety of software and/or conventional office equipment.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and participates in the analysis of student academic records, screens student admissions, resolving current registration problems, or determining eligibility for graduation based upon written and interpreted collegiate policy.
- Maintains computer files and compiles lists and other data for periodic and special reports.
- Maintains regular and recurring contact with the office of the collegiate deans and departmental executives relative to student academic records. Makes decisions regarding student records based upon written and interpreted collegiate policy.
- Consults with and advises students concerning their academic problems; receives and answers inquiries by mail and by telephone.
- Performs basic data studies as requested by an administrator.
- Assigns, coordinates, and reviews the work of other clerical personnel for conformance to established guidelines.
- Reviews current procedures within area of assignment and recommends procedural changes as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of institutional and collegiate policies and guidelines relative to student admission, transfer and graduation.
- Skill in utilizing computer software and online systems.
- Skill in operating office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students, and the public.
- Ability to make decisions requiring interpretation and judgment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and interpret institutional and other policies accurately.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and display in appropriate format and keep accurate records.
- Ability to exercise functional supervision over employees.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.