Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 505
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, answer the telephone at Veterinary Teaching Hospital. Enter data into client & patient software system. Assist Veterinary students and doctors in locating medical documents and other client information.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer all incoming calls to the Veterinary Teaching Hospital using a multi-line telephone; route these calls to the correct service, doctor, student or staff member. Use paging system to alert appropriate staff to the call. Answer routine questions regarding appointments or directions to the hospital.
- Take and deliver complete messages if recipient is not available for the call. Look up and provide medical record number or other relevant information.
- Enter data into client and patient software system.
- Distribute discharge information sheets to referring veterinarians. Prepare client and referring veterinarian survey envelopes. Deliver prescription and food orders and retrieve animal supplies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Any combination of customer service or receptionist experience or related post high school education that totals 6 months.
- Data entry skills.