Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 503
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, operates key entry equipment to encode data into computer readable format. Performs heads-down keying and maintains accurate keying and high keystroke per hour rate.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates key entry equipment to encode data from a large variety of forms provided by university offices into a machine readable form, using a variety of record formats with different job procedures in accordance with written instructions.
- Proofreads source documents to ensure required information is present. Reports any uncorrectable errors detected in source documents to immediate supervisor.
- Sets up machine (key entered program) according to type of job submitted from the department and per specific written instructions.
- Locates missing or illegible information on source documents using a variety of materials; uses the specific punctuation and abbreviations required by each department.
- Keeps record of personal time; stamps or initials source documents to indicate processing completed.
- Greets public and answers telephone as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to manipulate keyboard equipment.
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to concentrate on repetitive work under noisy working conditions.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.