Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 108
General Class Description
Under general supervision, aids in directing work activities of key entry operators (at least three operators), schedules work, instructs new assignments, transmits completed data to mainframe computer, and trains new operators. Performs heads-down keying and maintains accurate keying and high keystroke per hour rate.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives work to be processed; schedules and assigns work to key entry operators.
- Maintains check on work-in-progress to ensure completion of work on time and adherence to written procedures. Transmits completed data to mainframe computer and maintains appropriate records. Performs duties related to disk management of keydisk system and maintains appropriate records.
- Contacts various offices concerning questions with errors in materials submitted by offices and problems with job schedules, as required.
- Reviews with supervisor and analysts the specifications for new work; verifies completeness of key entry instructions; instructs key entry operators in new work; creates and updates keying programs on the keydisk system.
- Assists with interviewing prospective key entry operators and evaluating operator's work performance, and trains new operators. Keeps record of personal time.
- Enters and verifies data. Greets public and answers telephone as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the operation of key entry equipment.
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to concentrate on repetitive work under noisy working conditions.
- Ability to organize, assign and direct the work of others.