Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 504
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, enters data from source materials using CRT terminal to transfer data to computer files. May perform coding of source materials before entry using specified guidelines. Operation of CRT terminal is majority of job responsibility.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates CRT terminal in order to enter financial, patient, student, etc., data into appropriate computer records via various display screens.
- Compares data on CRT terminal screen with source material, correcting errors in entered data as necessary in order to insure accurate computer records.
- Operates CRT terminal to retrieve information from specific records in order to provide information to faculty, staff, patients, general public, or supervisory personnel.
- Examines source materials in order to determine data for encoding according to established guidelines.
- Reports operational difficulties to supervisory personnel as they occur.
- Greets and assists faculty, staff, students, patients, or general public.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of automated data processing systems and basic computer operations.
- Skill in operating computer keyboard.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, manuals and instructions.
- Ability to operate equipment skillfully and in conformance with applicable procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at different levels and from various backgrounds.
- Clerical office experience or post high school education which totals one year.
- Ability to type at 20 net words per minute.