Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 507
General Class Description
Under general supervision, uses established guidelines and knowledge of functional area to examine and evaluate source materials in order to determine appropriate data for encoding and transfer to computer records by CRT terminal. Operation of CRT terminal is majority of job requirement.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Examines and evaluates a variety of source documents in order to determine appropriate data for encoding using knowledge of policies, procedures, and other guidelines as required.
- Checks and verifies proper coding of data previously entered by self or others in order to determine completeness and accuracy of source documents and computer records, correcting data entries as necessary.
- Operates CRT terminal in order to enter or correct previously entered data pertaining to financial, patient, student, and other pertinent records.
- Reports operational difficulties to data processing staff for resolution.
- May assist in development of revised and/or new systems applications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of automated data processing systems and basic computer operations.
- Skill in operating computer keyboard.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, manuals and instructions.
- Ability to operate equipment skillfully and in conformance with applicable procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at different levels and from various backgrounds.
- Clerical office experience which is the equivalent of two years of which at least six months must be at the Data Entry Operator I or comparable level, or
- Any combination of clerical office experience or post high school education that is the equivalent of two years of which six months must be office experience at the Data Entry Operator I or comparable level.