Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 504
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, prepares and submits jobs to be processed on the computer, prepares computer output for processing and distribution.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares computer input consisting of job control language and computer processing instructions for computer operations.
- Modifies job control language statements prior to submittal to computer operations.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of data prior to submittal for processing.
- Maintains various inventory control records and files.
- Prepares computer output by setting up and operating report processing equipment.
- Verifies all input is completed or available for computer processing prior to submittal.
- Collects and distributes input and output (reports, magnetic tapes, etc.) as per user instructions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of automated data processing systems and basic computer operations.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations governing operation of state vehicles.
- Knowledge of proper lifting and bending techniques and ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Skill in operating computer keyboard.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, manuals and instructions.
- Ability to operate equipment skillfully and in conformance with applicable procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- One year of related post high school training/education or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Valid motor vehicle operator's license.