Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 508
General Class Description
Under general supervision, performs data processing input-output, control and distribution procedures; responsible for submittal and completion of assigned work on schedule in accordance with procedural instructions; uses CRT with accuracy.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares computer input for processing and verifies procedural instructions.
- Modifies job control language statements.
- Follows up on job schedules to ensure timely and accurate processing of data, and makes rescheduling changes as necessary.
- Maintains and updates control files and inventory records.
- Maintains records of output materials received from computer room to ensure accuracy of materials distributed.
- Updates system on jobs that abend.
- Submits source documents for distribution.
- Assembles computer output by setting up and operating report processing equipment.
- Verifies instructions to processing and distribution of output materials.
- Inspects printed output for accuracy and conformance to instructions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of automated data processing systems and basic computer operations.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations governing operations of state vehicles.
- Knowledge of proper lifting and bending techniques and ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Skill in operating computer keyboard.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, manuals and instructions.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and prepare reports.
- Ability to operate equipment skillfully and in conformance with applicable procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at different levels and from various backgrounds.
- Ability to set priorities, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Two years experience in the data processing field, including one year as a Data Technician I or in position comparable thereto; or a combination of related post high school education and comparable experience equaling two years.
- Valid motor vehicle operator's license.