Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 510
General Class Description
Under general supervision, assists with schedules of source documents, has responsibility for accurate and timely processing, completion, and distribution of input-output materials. May provide functional supervision.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors processing and distribution of input/output materials; assigns work to Data Technicians I and II.
- Communicates problems with output material that will affect distribution to users such as scheduling delays or equipment.
- Maintains the film library system, file management, conversion of tape to cartridge, tape to disk, history and backup process, renumbering library files.
- Updates instructional manuals, creates line graphs, forms design layout specifications.
- Supervises the filming and jacketing process of confidential office records.
- Maintains inventory system of computer forms usage and other supplies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of automated data processing systems and basic computer operations.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations governing operation of state vehicles.
- Knowledge of proper lifting and bending techniques and ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Skill in operating computer keyboard.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, manuals and instructions.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and prepare reports.
- Ability to operate equipment skillfully and in conformance with applicable procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at different levels and from various backgrounds.
- Ability to set priorities, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and assign work to others.
- Three years experience in the data processing field, including two years as a Data Technician II or in position comparable thereto; or a combination of related post high school education and comparable experience equaling three years.
- Valid motor vehicle operator's license.