Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 405
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, prepares tissue sections for subsequent microscopic examination.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares human and animal tissues from surgical, diagnostic, and autopsy sources, employing established techniques for fixation, dehydration, embedding, sectioning, and staining of the specimens.
- Must develop proficiency in use of microtome.
- Is familiar with specialized staining methods, and fixation and processing procedures.
- Assists in recording data pertinent to the histology laboratory.
- Prepares and maintains dyes, stains and other solutions.
- High school graduation, or
- Comparable laboratory experience.