Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 112
General Class Description
Under general supervision, prepares human an animal tissues for diagnostic and research examination. Provides functional and administrative supervision to other laboratory employees, especially concerning specialized procedures and methods.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- 1. Prepares human and animal tissues from surgical, diagnostic, and
autopsy sources, employing established techniques for fixation, dehydration,
embedding, sectioning, and staining of the specimens.
2. Recognizes and identifies microscopic tissue structures.
3. Knowledgeably employs histo-chemical methodology.
4. Assists in the training and instruction of new employees and/or students
in the histopathology laboratory.
5. Operates and maintains of all histopath lab instruments.
6. Rsponsible for inventory of equipment and supplies for the histopathology
7. Interviews and recommends hiring other personnel.
- Certification by the ASCP as a Histology Technician, plus two years of working experience in an approved histology laboratory.