Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 404
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, performs phlebotomy and a variety of tasks related to phlebotomy.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs phlebotomy draws.
- Completes redraws.
- Labels specimens.
- Performs computer data entry and other clerical tasks as required.
- Orders, receives and distributes supplies.
- Performs routine cleaning of phlebotomy and related equipment.
- Responds to basic phlebotomy inquiries and otherwise represents assigned and related work areas.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Knowledge of care and use of laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge of principles of sanitation, health hazards, and the necessary precautionary measures.
- Knowledge of standard cleaning techniques and equipment and supplies required.
- Ability to collect patient data and maintain accurate records.
- Knowledge of keyboarding and computer data entry skills.
- High school graduation or equivalent