Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 412
General Class Description
Under general supervision, constructs, modifies and maintains electronic equipment used for instruction, research, medical patient care, or other university programs and services
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds custom electronic equipment according to designs prepared by engineers or supervisory personnel. Assists in preparing schematic and wiring diagrams.
- Repairs developmental and production electronic equipment such as computers oscilloscopes and X-ray equipment after consultation regarding diagnosis of the repair problem.
- Modifies functions of various equipment to conform to specific requirements.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment and electronic instruments.
- Calibrates and adjusts electronic equipment to insure optimum performance.
- Attends conferences and workshops to keep abreast of developments in the field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques used in the electronics field
- Knowledge of the tools and equipment of the electronics field and skill in their safe use.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the field.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and the public.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance and repairs on electronic equipment.
- Graduation from a two-year resident electronics trade school, or any combination of training and experience from which comparable knowledge and ability can be acquired.