Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 405
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, performs radiation surveys, radiation waste pick-up, operates technical instruments, and assists in related areas of radiation safety programs.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Surveys laboratories and installations containing radiation-producing materials and equipment.
- Operates radiation detection instruments and records results.
- Collects and processes radioactive waste.
- Provides assistance in personnel dosimetry program, changes film badges, records TLD and pocket dosimeter data.
- Any combination of work experience and post high school education in the physical or natural sciences which totals one year.