Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 409
General Class Description
Under general supervision operates and maintains transmission equipment to broadcast television and/or radio programs in compliance with federal regulations and performs other technical work as required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates control room equipment to include: Stereo audio mixing consoles, monophonic audio mixing consoles, reel-to-reel tape mahines, turntables, cartridge tape mahines, and broadast transmitters.
- Operates broadcast transmitters by remote control, which includes logging transmitter power, frequency, voltages, and current. Maintains the program log when required.
- Sets up equipment, such as microphones, audio cables, amplifiers, and tape recorders at specified on and off campus sites and records master tapes for university departments and events as required.
- Repairs, modifies, installs, and maintains various electronic equipment in all broadcast and production areas as required.
- Records and edits tapes in preparation for broadcasting which includes sound-on-sound recording, splicing in or deleting parts of programs and duplicating tapes.
Licensure as required by the Federal Communications Commission, and
- Completion of a two-year technical school in broadcast electronics, or
- two years of related broadcasting experience.