Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 409
General Class Description
Under general supervision, prepares drawings of existing and proposed construction for remodeling and constructing projects and/or mechanical equipment and research apparatus according to established specifications.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Makes detailed drawings of building, remodeling and construction projects, mechanical equipment and/or research apparatus.
- Measures, records, and draws to scale existing conditions in area proposed for construction.
- Makes detailed floor plan layouts for suitable office, laboratory and classroom space.
- Makes detailed drawings of mechanical and electrical layouts.
- Superimposes new plans on existing conditions layout.
- Three years of experience in related drafting work, or
- Any combination of such experience and post high school architecture or engineering education which totals three years and includes at least one year of related experience.