Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 409
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, prepares assigned elements of video productions. Provides functional supervision to assistants as required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Records film video materials for university events, as well as educational, promotional and documentary projects.
- Edits video sequences and/or complete programs.
- Records, selects, transfers, mixes and edits narration, dialogue, sound effects and/or music sound tracks.
- Assists in development of various video formats for multimedia delivery.
- Performs duplication duties for various types of media.
- Assists personnel in higher classifications with video projects.
- Maintains camera, lighting, audio and editing equipment.
- May provide functional supervision to students and other personnel in lower classifications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate with faculty and staff, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to operate a variety of technical equipment used in video production and editing.
- Skill in utilizing computer software and online systems.
- Ability to learn how to operate new equipment as technology changes.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and interpret institutional and other policies accurately.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Two years of commercial or comparable experience in video photography and editing, or
- Any combination of related work experience, undergraduate education, and/or post-high training totaling four years.