Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 412
General Class Description
Under general supervision, creatively prepares assigned elements of video productions. Provides organization for production equipment and vehicles; advice regarding video production methods, presentation design and the video production process; functional supervision to personnel in lower classifications as needed.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Advises faculty and staff regarding subject matter sequence, presentation methods and the video production process.
- Performs video production for university events, as well as educational, promotional and documentary projects.
- Edits video materials and creates program masters for university educational and informational purposes. Organizes video materials into an understandable and effective sequence or presentation.
- Records, selects, transfers, mixes and edits narration, dialogue, sound effects and/or music sound tracks.
- Edits and sequences video and related materials for delivery via digital multimedia formats (e.g. DVD, CD-ROM, Internet) and develops related masters. Provides computer coding for interactive menus and hyperlinks.
- Digitizes video and audio materials for use in digital multimedia applications and delivery modes (e.g. Internet, DVD and CD-ROM).
- Performs duplication duties for various types of media.
- Organizes and maintains camera, lighting, audio and editing equipment.
- Consults with and advises clients and production team members in the planning and development of video and related digital multimedia.
- Participates in tutorial activities, workshops and other training events in order to keep abreast of the technical hardware and software developments related to job functions.
- May provide functional supervision to students and other personnel in lower classifications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate with faculty and staff, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to operate a variety of technical equipment used in video production and post-production projects.
- Skill in utilizing computer software and online systems.
- Ability to learn how to operate new equipment as technology changes.
- Ability to make decisions requiring interpretation and judgment.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and interpret institutional and other policies accurately.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Four years of commercial or comparable experience or training in television and video production and editing, or
- Any combination of related work experience, undergraduate education, and/or post-high training totaling four years.