Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 405
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, performs work involving the repair, maintenance, service, and installation of laboratory research and teaching equipment.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Constructs laboratory and research equipment from woods, metals, and plastics.
- Repairs and maintains laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Performs minor and routine carpentry, plumbing, and painting duties, not requiring journeyman skill.
- Installs laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Maintains shop and office supplies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of equipment and methods used in laboratory and maintenance work.
- Knowledge of safe working practices.
- Ability to use proper lifting and bending techniques.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to use and care for tools and equipment essential to maintenance and repair work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.