Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 407
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, performs field research operations or laboratory research operations in an associated laboratory related to the preparation for and completion of agricultural research.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates, repairs and maintains standard and specialized field machinery to perform cultural practices on field research plots, such as tillage, planting and harvesting.
- Operates and maintains specialized research equipment in the associated laboratory.
- Assists in the collection and recording of experimental data.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to spend long periods out-of-doors in varying weather conditions and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 60 to 100 pounds.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of pesticide applications, storage and record keeping.
- Ability to safely operate, repair and maintain standard and specialized field machinery and specialized research records.
- Ability to collect data and accurately keep appropriate records.
- Knowledge of farm research operations.
- One year experience with field machinery and crop farming or any combination of related post high school education and experience which totals one year.
- Possession of state driver’s license or commercial driver’s license.
- Successful completion of commercial certification tests for application of pesticides and be eligible for certification as required.