Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 412
General Class Description
Under general supervision, performs technical work requiring knowledge and skill in television production, multimedia presentation technologies and systems and electronic equipment use and repair. Performs diagnostics of system problems and repairs complex electronic systems.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs, repairs, and maintains multimedia classrooms, laboratory and meeting room media systems.
- May act as lead technician in advising and monitoring work of other technicians and students in production repair, maintenance and installation.
- Installs, repairs and maintains professional video and audio studios and editing systems.
- Tests, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains basic media equipment.
- Installs, repairs and maintains media control systems.
- Acts as a production crewmember for studio and location video productions.
- Maintains records, including inventory, manuals, and orders for repair and maintenance functions.
- Instructs and demonstrates to faculty, staff and students the operation and use of media equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of multimedia equipment and its use in the classroom.
- Knowledge of media technologies and equipment.
- Knowledge of media production methods and equipment.
- Skill in repair and maintenance of multimedia equipment.
- Skill in circuit board and component repair.
- Skill in performing routine functions of media technology equipment and multimedia systems.
- Ability to read schematics and service manuals.
- Ability to use the tools needed to install, repair and maintain multimedia equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and the public.
- High School graduation or equivalent and
- Two-year technical school degree in an electrical/electronics curriculum area, and
- Three years of related experience, with at least one year of specific television and sound production operations/maintenance experience, or
- Any combination of technical school and experience, which equals five years. Experience should include operating a laptop computer, basic software and control systems programming.