Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 408
General Class Description
Under general supervision, provides customer service and technical support for classroom instructional technology functions. May provide functional supervision.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide operational and technical assistance to university clients (faculty, staff, students and public) in the use of instructional media technology materials, equipment and systems. These service functions are based upon an understanding of portable computers, peripherals, campus local area networks and server access.
- Schedule, update and process records for the usage, inventory and sale of instructional media materials, equipment and systems.
- Deliver, ship, demonstrate, operate, set-up, and troubleshoot installed and portable instructional media technology equipment and classroom systems. Perform minor maintenance to support university clients in the operation of those systems.
- Assist, train and monitor university clients in the operation and application of basic instructional technology production equipment and distance delivery technology classroom/studios.
- Train and monitor student and part-time assistants in instructional technology usage.
- Provide technical and operational assistance to media satellite support staff and other departmental personnel in scheduling, distribution, set-up and use of instructional technology materials and equipment.
- Collaborate and cooperate with other departments on campus in the installation, routine maintenance, and emergency troubleshooting of media technology equipment and classroom instructional systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skill in accessing and inputting data across networks.
- Skill in the operation, set-up and use of instructional media technology equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of portable computers, peripherals, servers, local area networks, standard office software programs.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented service and support work environment.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to establish goals, schedule work and set deadlines for completion of tasks.
- Ability to interpret and explain policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to accurately maintain a system of records.
- High School graduation or equivalent and
- Two years experience in a technology related field or occupation, or
- Any combination of related post high school education and experience that is the equivalent of two years of full-time employment and
- Possession of a state driver's license.