Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 409
General Class Description
Under general supervision, assists producing organization or artists to produce optimum results from the sound systems required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates a variety of audio tape recording equipment for various musical and other cultural performances; is responsible for professional quality recordings.
- Is responsible for logistics, scheduling and staffing sound systems and recording equipment to insure optimum results.
- Duplicates and edits recorded tapes from other recordings.
- Gives technical advice to staff and performing artists.
- Performs maintenance of audio equipment as necessary.
- Maintains schedule of activities to avoid time conflicts with various auditoriums and studios.
- Monitors work of part-time student employees.
- Operates central control board; adjusts recorders using various eletronic equipment; operates closed circuit TV as necessary.
- Three years post high school experience in testing, operating, construction, and maintenance of audio equipment, or Any combination of such related experience and training that totals three years.
- Knowledge of music and sensitivity to various musical, artistic and theatrical production expressions, such as art/technology and electronic music.