Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 409
General Class Description
Under general supervision, diagnoses, repairs, maintains and installs audiovisual equipment, multimedia systems and downlink satellite equipment using appropriate electronic testing equipment and general shop tools.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs, repairs, and maintains multimedia classrooms.
- Tests, troubleshoots, repairs and maintains basic media equipment.
- Installs, repairs and maintains media control systems.
- Maintains records, including inventory, manuals, orders for repair and maintenance functions.
- Instructs and demonstrates the operation and use of media equipment.
- May monitor and check work of students and other technicians in related work as necessary.
- Adjusts computer configurations as necessary for usage of multimedia equipment.
- Performs as a team member during the installation, modification or repair of technology facilities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of multimedia equipment and its use in the classroom.
- Knowledge of media technologies and equipment.
- Skill in repair and maintenance of multimedia equipment.
- Ability to read schematics and service manuals.
- Ability to use tools needed to install, repair and maintain multimedia equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and the public
- Two years experience in electrical/mechanical repair (i.e. small electronics or television repair), or
- Two years of post-high school education in an electrical/electronics curriculum, or
- Any combination of electrical/electronics education and electrical/mechanical repair experience, which equals two years.