Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 409
General Class Description
Under general supervision, performs variety of duties in operating and maintaining audiovisual equipment, processing and handling of exposed film, producing video tapes, and/or other related audiovisual work in the production of teaching and research aids. Operates a small audiovisual unit individually, as required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates cameras, VTR equipment, motion picture and slide projectors and other audiovisual equipment in any combination as required in the preparation of teaching and research aids and photo copy work.
- Performs necessary functions to insure proper lighting, exposure, focus and composition during photographic or video production work.
- Performs basic film processing functions to produce prints and slides for publication and teaching aids.
- Maintains inventory of equipment, aids, and supplies.
- Assists in planning and utilization of audiovisual equipment for use in production of aids, in courses, research, or publication work.
- Performs simple maintenance on audiovisual equipment as necessary.
- Instructs staff and students in use of audiovisual media as necessary.
- Three years experience in related audiovisual work with emphasis on photography and film processing, or
- Any combination of such related experience and training that totals two years.