Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 112
General Class Description
Under general supervision, designs and prepares complex graphic artwork. Supervises operational activities of a graphics unit including administrative and functional supervision over other employees.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and prepares graphic artwork such as layout design, slide presentations, charts, graphs, diagrams, displays, and other related graphics work.
- Confers with staff, faculty, and students to determine most appropriate service to graphically achieve their needs.
- Coordinates and follows up on work done in the unit to insure correct and timely completion of jobs.
- Interviews, recommends hiring and salary adjustments, evaluates performance, functionally supervises other unit employees, and trains new employees.
- Monitors fiscal status of unit; participates and assists in preparation of operating budget, including determination of applicable service fee charges.
- Responsible for inventory control and ordering of supplies and equipment.