Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 407
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, copies photographs, charts, graphs, circuits, maps, books and other flat material (and takes photographs in black and white or color to produce quality prints or slides). Provides functional supervision to other technicians as required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates cameras to photograph flat copy material and does routine photographic assignments using techniques in composition and lighting to produce quality prints or slides.
- Develops films and processes copy negatives to produce prints, slides, half tone negatives, film positives, PMT paper prints and PMT film transparency.
- Copies continuous tone and line drawings with cameras ranging in size from 35 mm to 8" x 10".
- Duplicates 35 mm transparencies and makes slides by enlargement or reduction.
- Prepares negatives for special work by other areas of Photo Service.
- Provides technical assistance to customers on preparation of copy material.
- Maintains adequate supply of materials for the copy area.
- Two years experience in photography and photo laboratory work processing color and black and white film, or
- Any combination of a post high school technical photographic training program and related experience which totals two years.