Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 410
General Class Description
Under general supervision, performs variety of photographic assignments, requiring advanced technical photographic skills and advises customers on appropriate photographic procedures and methods. Provides functional supervision to other technicians as required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Generates creative ideas to help faculty, staff and students with solutions to photographic problems.
- Develops and prints the more complex photographs using a wide variety of film types and processes.
- Takes black and white and color photographs of a variety of general subjects using various cameras, including motion picture and lighting techniques.
- Takes customer portraits.
- Develops films and processes copy negatives to produce prints, slides, half tone negatives, film positives, PMT paper prints and PMT film transparency.
- Copies continuous tone and line drawings with cameras ranging in size from 35 mm to 8" x 10".
- Duplicates 35 mm transparencies and makes slides by enlargement or reduction.
- Performs minor photographic and laboratory equipment repair.
- Assists in timely completion of all photographic jobs accepted by the photo laboratory or other unit.
- Three years photographic film processing training including one year as a Photo Specialist I or in a comparable position, or
- Any combination of related photography and film processing experience and a post high school technical photographic training program that totals three years.