Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 406
General Class Description
Under general supervision, performs work involving the printing, copying and processing of black and white color film. Provides functional supervision to other photo technicians as required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes black and white roll and sheet film.
- Splices, opaques and masks negatives.
- Does quality black and white and color printing with several types of enlargers and a variety of photographic papers.
- Dries, sorts and trims negatives, prints and color slides.
- Duplicates 35-mm color transparencies and makes black and white slides by enlargement or reduction.
- Produces color transparencies on diazo printer/processor.
- Binds slides in cardboard or glass.
- Copies continuous tone and line drawings with cameras ranging in size from 35-mm to large format size.
- Assigns, directs and coordinates the activities of other photo technicians in the processing of film.
- Maintains supply inventory for the production laboratory.
- 18 months of photographic processing experience including at least one year as a Photo Technician II or in a comparable position, or
- Any combination of technical training and equivalent experience which totals 18 months.