Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 101
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, performs routine, unskilled manual labor to assist in a temporary capacity (less than 780 hours per fiscal year) at workshops, conferences, camps and other special events.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with moving, loading and unloading materials, supplies, equipment, and furniture.
- Assists in the clean up after events by collecting trash, cleaning tables, sweeping, mopping, and removing snow from entranceways.
- Runs errands both on the campus and away from the campus.
- Assists with the cleaning of the buildings as needed.
- Assists with the minor maintenance of grounds equipment and simple power equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to lift and move furniture and equipment.
- Ability to learn to perform a variety of unskilled tasks.