Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 205
General Class Description
Under general supervision, is responsible for directing and coordinating building maintenance services, room and equipment use and directing the work of others.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the maintenance and repair work on building facilities and equipment.
- Provides information and assistance to individuals and groups using building facilities and equipment.
- Directs, trains, and assists other personnel in their daily work routine.
- Coordinates the use of designated rooms, lounges, and auditoriums.
- Coordinates the setup and use of teaching equipment for classroom and laboratories.
- Directs the storage of teaching and laboratory equipment which is not in use and also maintains supplies for the department.
- May design and construct simple equipment according to specifications.
- Identifies mechanical problems and describes them to maintenance personnel.
- Assists in sending and delivering mail to assigned areas.
- Checks building facilities and equipment in assigned area for security, making sure people are out of building at closing time and insuring doors are locked and the alarm system is operational.
- One year of custodial or related work experience.
Ability to read, write, and follow instructions.