Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 203
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, performs general laboring duties as assigned. Laborers are usually assigned to work crews, to assist in the performance of a specific jobs and functions.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs manual, hand tool and equipment work to assist in grounds construction and maintenance, in building and utility maintenance, in furniture and equipment moving and set-up, etc.
- Works as a helped for various departments and craft shops.
- Responds to calls for emergency service, including snow removal, as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Skill with use of simple tools of the maintenance field.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions necessary in maintenance work.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor.
- Ability to work out of doors under any type of weather conditions.