Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 206
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, operates and maintains power equipment, truck and light machinery and performs other labor required to landscape and maintain campus grounds.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates tractors with attachments such as mowers, tillers, post hole diggers and snow plows to landscape and maintain grounds including lawn areas, sidewalks, parking lots and streets. Maintains attachments and makes minor emergency repairs.
- Operates and maintains power and hand mowing equipment.
- Assists in the cultivation and care of shrubs, trees and flowers as directed.
- Operates trucks and other transportation equipment as required.
- Responds to calls for emergency service, including snow removal, as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and specifications.
- Ability to safely operate and maintain equipment and hand/power tools.
- Ability to apply various groundskeeping techniques to different work situations.
- Ability to lift.
- One year of experience in operating the machinery and tools used in groundskeeping work or
- any combination of related experience and education from which comparable knowledge and ability can be acquired which totals one year.