Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 206
General Class Description
Under direct supervision, assists in the installation, maintenance, and minor repair of parking equipment and facilities and constructs and installs traffic, parking, and related signs.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the installation, maintenance, and minor repair of parking related electrical and mechanical equipment, including ticket spitters, parking gates, time clocks, controllers, and meters.
- Constructs, installs, and repairs traffic and parking signs that requires the utilization of a scotchtite vacuum application and hand painting.
- Performs semi-skilled maintenance functions including painting, carpentry, and light plumbing.
- Operates related maintenance equipment, including tractors, fork lifts, paint sprayers, riding sweepers, weed control units, and other related equipment.
- Cleans, paints, and performs minor surface repair of parking lots.
- Sets up and operates portable lighting equipment for parking at special events.
- May collect money from parking meters.
- Performs related maintenance functions in office, shop, and field areas.
- One year of related experience working with comparable equipment, both
electrical and mechanical.
Possession of a current Iowa driver's license.