Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 208
General Class Description
Under general supervision, installs, maintains, and repairs parking equipment and facilities.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs, maintains, and repairs parking related electrical and mechanical equipment, including parking gates, ticket spitters, control booths, clocks, and electric controllers.
- Services and maintains parking meters, including trouble calls, periodic overhauls and rate conversions at a level requiring specialized knowledge and training.
- Designs, constructs, installs, and repairs traffic and parking related signs.
- Operates related maintenance equipment.
- Performs semi-skilled maintenance functions including painting, carpentry, and plumbing.
- Collects money from parking meters.
- Performs related maintenance functions in office, shop, and field areas.
- Three years related experience working with comparable equipment, both
electrical and mechanical.
Specialized training and/or experience working with parking meters and
other equipment unique to parking functions.
Possession of a current Iowa driver's license.