Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 206
General Class Description
Under direct supervision of the superintendent or foreman, performs field and related operations requiring a knowledge of experimental livestock and/or crops.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates and maintains all types of implements, including tractor drawn, self-propelled and stationary types.
- Makes minor emergency repairs and assists with repair of major breakdowns and overhauls.
- Repairs and assists with construction of buildings, fences and other structures.
- Operates truck and other transportation equipment as required to haul fuel, feed, grain and livestock.
- Using power equipment, cleans lots and buildings used for experimental animals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skill in safely operating and maintaining farm equipment.
- Knowledge of farming methods and practices.
- Ability to spend long periods out-of-doors in varying weather conditions.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to lift 60 to 100 pounds.
- Ability to perform physical labor such as walking for long periods of time, climbing ladders and working on roofs.
- One year experience with farm machinery and work related to livestock and/or crops.
- Possession of state driver's license or commercial driver's license as required.
- Successful completion of commercial certification tests for application of pesticides and be eligible for certification as required.