Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 208
General Class Description
Under general supervision, operates equipment and performs related tasks requiring a knowledge of livestock and/or crops used in research.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates and maintains all types of implements, including tractor drawn, self-propelled and stationary types.
- Performs all types of repairs and overhauls of equipment.
- Adjusts and calibrates machinery according to performance specifications.
- Repairs and assist with construction of farm buildings, fences and other structures.
- Cleans experimental animal lots and buildings using power equipment.
- Provides functional supervision to part-time personnel and subordinates as assigned.
- Keeps records of operations performed and materials used, harvested, or transported as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skill in safely operating and maintaining farm equipment.
- Knowledge of farming methods and practices.
- Ability to spend long periods out-of-doors in varying weather conditions, walking long distances in the field, climbing ladders and working on roofs.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to lift 60 to 100 pounds.
- Knowledge of adjustments, repairs and calibration necessary for proper operation of farm machinery.
- Ability to collect data and keep appropriate records.
- Knowledge of farm research methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of pesticide application, storage and record keeping.
- Three years experience with farm machinery and work related to livestock and/or crops.
- Possession of state driver’s license or commercial driver’s license as required.
- Successful completion of commercial certification tests for application of pesticides and be eligible for certification as required.