Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 212
General Class Description
Under general supervision, constructs and repairs research equipment that is not commercially available.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs skilled work in the construction, fitting, assembling and disassembling of simple and complex research equipment, working from drawings or preliminary sketches, using shop mathematics, charts, tables and hardbook formulae.
- Dismantles shop machinery and repairs or replaces parts; cleans machinery periodically.
- Reads and interprets working drawings, sketches and diagrams.
- Develops and constructs instruments and research apparatus from verbal instructions only, when no prints are available.
- Performs lead and silver soldering, fusion arc welding, brazing and acetylene burning.
- Assists in training apprentices as required.