Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 205
General Class Description
Under general supervision, is responsible for the set-up and preparation of food. Has training and directional responsibilities.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs and participates in the work of Food Worker I.
- Assists in organizing work schedules to assure that all work assignments are covered each day, filling in when necessary.
- Directs and assists in preparation of food items and sanitation of all work areas.
- Informs supervisor on a continuing basis on status of food inventory.
- Orders supplies from storeroom as needed.
- Gives individual on-the-job training to new employees.
- Assists in developing new salad recipes, prepares and checks same for acceptance as requested.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of methods and practices of institutional food preparation and service.
- Knowledge of principles of food sanitation, health hazards, and the necessary precautionary measures.
- Knowledge of care and use of food service equipment.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting (50 pounds), bending, stooping, and standing for prolonged periods.
- Ability to count, add, subtract, multiply, divide and determine percentages.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to plan, assign, and direct others in work activities.
- Ability to estimate quantity needs and compile reports of productions and materials used.
- Ability to perform and complete a variety of manual food service tasks.
- Ability to maintain records of quantities of ingredients used, volume of production and numbers of customers served.
- Ability to convert standard unit recipes to desired quantity of product.