Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 205
General Class Description
Under general supervision, assists in and is responsible for completion of work assignments of kitchen helpers in the food service facility.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs and assists in scheduling work arrangements of kitchen helpers to assure work areas are covered and assignments are completed. Assists with set up and clean up for special events.
- Checks and is responsible for cleanliness, orderliness, and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Assists in maintaining china, silverware and cleaning supplies inventory; suggest orders as needed.
- Trains kitchen helpers and assists with daily work routine as necessary.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of operation and care of dishwashing machines.
- Ability to maintain a safe, clean work area.
- Ability to insure dishes, pans, glassware, and utensils are properly scraped or rinsed before placing in dishwashing machine.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationship with others.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to plan, assign and direct work of others.
- Ability to count, add, subtract and convert to decimals.
- Knowledge of principles of sanitation, health hazards, and the necessary precautionary measures.