Classification and Compensation
IOWA STATE BOARD OF REGENTS
REGENTS MERIT SYSTEM
Pay Grade: 206
General Class Description
Performs and coordinates document center work under general supervision. Responsible for preparing and processing all duplication jobs using high-speed duplicating equipment. Duties may involve the use of a computer terminal to enter job specifications, provide estimates and monitor production costs.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates and maintains high-speed duplicating equipment. Makes minor repairs and adjustments as necessary.
- Records job specifications and production costs using computer database or other.
- Maintains a high level of customer service.
- Prioritizes and schedules work and adjusts production as required to accommodate customer deadlines and maintain operational efficiency.
- Provides cost information and/or estimates and answers customer questions regarding all aspects of document preparation.
- Monitors and maintains appropriate level of stock and supplies.
- Maintains records of daily production, payment of services, and other records related to processing duplication orders.
- Responsible for weekly cash deposits and necessary records for auditing purposes.
- Operates and maintains basic bindery equipment.
- Informs customer of copyright laws and policies concerning reproduction of printed materials.
- May drive, load and unload a delivery truck to distribute orders as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of copyright laws and policies concerning reproduction of printed materials.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and the public.
- Ability to perform routine arithmetic computations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability operate a computer and related software.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Ability to use proper bending and lifting techniques to stock supplies or deliver items.
- Skill in operating and maintaining duplication equipment.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- One year of copier/duplicator operation experience, or
- Equivalent training and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Possession of appropriate drivers license as required.